Most of the Work WCS does is bespoke and does not result in applications suitable for resale.
This page however, details those WCS applications which are currently available as standalone products.
In conjunction with ICAM Archive Systems
we have produced two full applications targeted at users of high resolution archive
quality cameras, along with a number of utilities for their customers.
These include a camera interface and productivity tool for the National Archive of Scotland,
which allows them to capture images on a bank of workstations and batch process them on separate servers.
For further details on these products please visit the ICAM software page
- Archangel - Is an image collection and distribution program.
- Creates collections of images along with autorunning viewer for distribution on CD or DVD.
- Specifically designed to handle very large high resolution images.
- Built-in searchable image database.
- Works with most popular image formats plus TIF CCIT 3 and 4 support.
- High resolution animation feature ideal for museum exhibits.
- Interfaces with Arctographer software to produce gridded high resolution maps.
This has been implemented by at least 2 county archives to produce CDs of digitally captured Tithe Maps for sale to the public.
- Arctographer - Is a large-image separator utility.
- Allows loading of large images for splitting into a series of sub-images.
- Works with most popular image formats.
- Separates using a grid (with overlaps) that can be manually adjusted.
- Separates automatically using a "magic wand" background selection.
- Separates using manually defined rectangles.
- Interfaces with Archangel to produce a mapping file.
- This software has been used in the Tithe Map projects mentioned above to produce the source images for the CDs.
We are involved in an ongoing project to provide a central repository for public archive data.
For more details follow this link: universalarchive.com.
Please note, this site is currently under construction.